This Episode: The party delves beneath the keep!
"According to Munch himself, The Scream was a picture he painted to represent his soul. Rather than adhering to the art style of the time — that is, painting pictures meticulously to realistically represent the subjects in them — he chose to use an unrealistic style to paint his emotions, rather than focus on realism and perfectionism in his art. Munch explained that he painted a moment of existential crisis. He was walking down a road similar to the one in the painting, while the sun was setting, creating a beautiful, vibrant background. His friends were walking with him, but, looking out at the sky in front of them, he stopped, while they continued walking. He then described having what we would now consider to be a panic attack; he suddenly became tired, anxious, claustrophobic, and the weight of nature and of the world hit him all at once."
Beams, Sophia. “The Scream: A Deeper Analysis of Edvard Munch's Anxiety-Wrought Piece.” Medium, Everything Art, 2 Aug. 2019, medium.com/everything-art/the-scream-a-deeper-analysis-of-edvard-munchs-anxiety-wrought-piece-c36d9bbbb4cd.
Cast & Credits:
- Producer & DM: Scott
- Editer & Bambi: Jin
- Social Media Manager & Greg: DeSombre
- Bengt: Tommy
- Sanjana: Lena
- Music: Taylor Calise
- Art: Jon Bliss ( https://twitter.com/jonblissart )
- Recorded on our Discord server by Craigbot! ( https://craig.chat/home/ )
Want to find out more about us?
Want to Email us?
Want to follow us on Social media?
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/RFED_podcast/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RFEDpod
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/RFEDpod
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT3QkpOLLIBwvSKZUZPq7IQ (we'll get a custom url when you subscribe to the channel!)